Find out why Metal roofing is the perfect fit for any home!
The best decision is made when you have all the facts!
Here are the facts about Metal Roofing that you need to know before you buy roofing products:
- Metal Roofing is three times lighter than asphalt shingles and approximately 14 times lighter than slate and slate tile roofing.
- Metal Roofing offers homeowners a long life solutions. It is an investment in the future of your home.
- Metal Roofing can be installed over existing shingles. You will need to refer to your local building code and check the condition of the roof structure before installing. A large portion of the re-roofing cost is involved in the removal of shingles. Check your roof to see if you can save that cost.
- Metal Roofing is environmentally friendly. Metal is completely recyclable and is made with 25% of recycled steel. In contrast, asphalt shingles are piled in every landfill in the United State sand they do not break down.
- Metal Roofing reflects 70% of the sun’s energy. This minimizes heat retention and as a result less heat is transferred into your home!
- Metal roofing is not noisy in the rain. A common misconception is that Metal Roofing will be noisy in a rainstorm. When Metal Roofing is installed overall solid substrate it is similar in sound to any other roofing product.
- Metal Roofing is very wind resistant with a class 90 rating in most profiles. Metal Roofing has been noted with a high survival rate in hurricane areas.